Launched in May, 2006, the Mazda 2007 CX-7
is a highly styled crossover SUV with a decided soul of a sportscar. Produced entirely on Mazda-derived platform architecture, the five-passenger CX-7 embodies an astute blend of sports car verve and SUV practicality, resulting in a fun-to-drive SUV that represents everything a Mazda SUV should be.
Prominent front fenders, A-pillars rooted at the body’s leading edge, a sharply raked windshield and Mazda’s signature five-pointed grille clearly register this new model as a Mazda. CX-7 is fitted with a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine similar to that fitted to the MAZDASPEED 3 , but producing 244 horsepower in this application. Mazda CX-7 delivers an estimated 23 mpg in combined driving.
Inside, the CX-7 is sporty with a high degree of craftsmanship. To draw drivers inside, there’s a three-dial instrument cluster, a console supporting the shifter within close reach, three-spoke steering wheel and firmly contoured front bucket seats, all provided with a high quality feel.
Highlights of the Mazda 2007 CX-7 include:
- Turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection spark-ignition (DISI) engine producing 244 horsepower and 258 lb-ft torque
- Six-speed Sport A/T automatic transmission with manual mode
- Independent rear multi-link suspension with stabilizer bar
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 235/60R18 all-season tires
- Efficient aerodynamics with best-in-class performance for coefficient of drag
- Power windows with one-touch open/close on front windows, power locks and keyless entry with retractable key
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Standard front side-impact air bags and side air curtains (front and rear) with roll-over protection