" Lexus announces the launch in Japan today of the "IS250C" convertible, an addition to the "IS250" "intelligent sports sedan" series.
|IS250C "Version L" |
The IS250C features an electrically operated metal top that ensures the four-seater maintains its characteristic beauty equally with the top up or down. This exciting convertible aims to embody the joy of open-air driving for both the driver and passengers.
Electrically controlled metal top creates characteristic beauty
- The lightweight, aluminum alloy top combines with a fully electric mechanism to allow smooth control, and prompt and quiet 20-second opening and 20-second closing.
- The design of the IS250C"based on the Lexus L-finesse1 design philosophy"portrays two distinct personalities. With the top down, the unique shape of the upper part of the trunk is given even more presence, resulting in an elegant flowing silhouette, and with the top up, the car takes on a sporty coupe look with a harmoniously balanced cabin and body.
- The seats"sporty in front and luxurious in back"boast bold yet refined shapes, creating an interior that has a unique presence when the top is down.
- Five interior color arrangements are available, with leather or cloth seats. Further individual styling is made possible for the seats and trim by choice of three two-tone seat color combinations, three stitching colors (manufacturer's option) and three varieties of wood-grain paneling.
- Nine body colors are available"including the newly added Cattleya Mica Metallic"with each expressing the prestige that is Lexus through elegance, radiance and deepness of hue.
High-utility package, ease of ingress and egress
- The vehicle comfortably accommodates four adults, while the compact, three-segment top enhances utility by enabling stowage of a nine-inch2 golf bag in the trunk even when the top is down.
- The front seats can be folded, slid forward and returned to their original position with one push of a button that is conveniently located on the outside shoulder of each front seat, facilitating easier ingress and egress for rear seat passengers.
Outstanding driving, environmental and safety performance
- The reinforced body and under-floor bracing result in one of the sturdiest convertibles in the world. The comfortable ride and outstanding driving performance of the IS250"as well as outstanding collision safety"are maintained in the IS250C even when the top is down.
- The IS250C has fuel efficiency of 11.2km/l in the 10-15 Japanese test cycle, as certified by Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), and exceeds by 5% the level called for by the Japanese 2010 fuel efficiency standards. Emissions are 75% lower than the 2005 standards under the MLIT's Approval System for Low-emission Vehicles.
- Front seat dual-stage supplemental restraint system (SRS) airbags and SRS knee airbags, as well as newly developed SRS side airbags to protect the head and upper body in the event of a side-on collision, all come standard.
Enhanced comfort and features specifically tailored for a convertible
- The shape of the windshield and other exterior parts was designed to reduce wind disturbance on occupants during top-down driving and facilitate airflow.
- A superlative system of seals in the roof provides the quiet and comfortable ride of a sedan when the top is up.
- The air conditioning automatically switches between "open" and "closed" modes depending on whether the top is up or down. When the top is down, the air conditioning adjusts cabin temperature in relation to exterior temperature and amount of sunlight. Air volume is also adjusted in relation to the vehicle's speed, thereby providing a comfortable interior environment at all times.
- The audio system automatically adjusts sound quality and volume to suit conditions created by the top being up or down.
IS250C Main Specifications
*11,420mm for vehicles with 18-inch wheels
|Length/width/height ||4,635/1,795/1,415mm*1 |
|Wheelbase ||2,730mm |
|Track (front/rear) ||1,535/1,535mm*2 |
|Weight ||1,730kg |
|Occupant capacity ||4 |
|Engine ||Model/displacement ||4GR-FSE/2,499cc |
|Type ||V6 gasoline engine DOHC |
|Maximum output ||158kW (215PS) / 6,400rpm |
|Maximum torque ||260N-m (26.5 kgf-m) / 3,800rpm |
|Transmission ||6 super ECT*3 |
|Powertrain ||Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive |
|Suspension (front/rear) ||Double wishbone/Multilink |
|Brakes (front/rear) ||Ventilated disc/ Ventilated disc |
|Tires ||Front ||225/45R17 |
|Rear ||245/45R17 |
*21,525mm (front and rear) for vehicles with 18-inch wheels
*3Super Intelligent, Electronically controlled, Six-speed Automatic Transmission
Monthly Sales Target
Miyata Plant, Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices ||(Prices in Hokkaido differ) |
*Prices in yen; prices listed do not include recycling fees
|Grade ||Engine ||Transmission ||Powertrain ||Price* (including |
|IS250C ||"Version L" ||4GR"FSE |
|6 Super ECT ||Front-engine, rear-wheel drive ||5,350,000 |
| ||4,950,000 |
1Created by combining the "leading-edge" and "finesse" design concepts
2Depending on shape of golf bag, stowage may differ
| Related news
Lexus unveiled today the all-new 2008 LS600h L hybrid luxury sedan at the 2006 New York International Automobile Show (open to the press April 12 and 13; open to the ...
Lexus announces that it will unveil the five-door hybrid "CT200h1"—the first Lexus vehicle in the premium-compact segment—at the 80th Geneva International Motor Show2, to be held in Geneva, Switzerland, for ...
The new Lexus RX 2007 features a number of amenities combined with a sleek, innovative design. It’s integrated front foglamps improve visibility while it’s 17-inch alloy wheels and privacy glass ...
Lexus launched in Japan today the GS450h as the first hybrid sedan in the Lexus lineup. The GS450h, powered by the world's first hybrid system designed specifically for rear-wheel-drive passenger ...
TOKYO (AP) _ Mazda Motor Corp. said Thursday it is recalling more
than 280,000 cars in Japan due to defects, the automaker's biggest
vehicle recall on record in Japan.
Mazda will recall 287,987 ...
Motor Co., Ltd. unveiled the Japan model of its FCX Clarity fuel cell
vehicle, which will also be displayed at the Environmental Showcase at
the G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit that begins July ...
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that orders
for the new Mazda Biante minivan were more than double the sales target
in its first month of sales. Orders have surpassed 6,000 units since
- 46% in 2008
- invest in the best performing US stocks only and sell them when the uptrend is over
- very easy to follow, simple buy/sell signals
- no need to have investing or trading experience
Find More Now!